We benefit from Teamster 2010’s unmatched resources:
• Staff of 20 full-time professional union representatives, negotiators, trainers and organizers,
• Local Union Legal Department with 3 attorneys plus top Union Firms on retainer,
• Communications Department that maintains outstanding communications with members through website, email, social media and printed materials, as well as outstanding press and media outreach
• Outstanding Steward trainings held four times a year,
• Full-time Research Analyst to support bargaining, contract campaigns and organizing,
• Two main Union Offices in Southern and Northern California plus satellite offices,
• Cutting-edge database systems for organizing and grievance management,
• Full administrative and financial/bookkeeping staff,
• Robust political action and lobbying program, supported by the California Teamsters Public Affairs Council (CTPAC),
• And full-access to IBT resources, including the Strategic Campaigns, Training and Development, Communications, Research, Economics, and Organizing Departments, as well as the Public Services Division.
Most importantly, with the challenges facing labor, joining forces would increase our power exponentially - creating a powerhouse Union in higher education - that can win real victories for our members and working people in California.