UCSD Skilled Trades Ratify First Teamster Contract!
Congratulations UCSD Skilled Trades!
After a hard fought campaign, we have voted overwhelmingly – 98% in favor – to ratify our contract. Through your hard work and solidarity, we have been able to move the UC to a fair agreement that helps all our UCSD Skilled Trades workers.
Here are some highlights of the new contract:
- 6% raise effective the first pay period after notice of ratification to UCSD;
- 3% raises on July 1, 2017, July 1, 2018, July 1, 2019, July 1, 2020, and July 1, 2021;
- $2,060 lump sum to be paid within 60-days;
- 5-year contract term.
- Protects our guaranteed retirement and health benefits
- 172-4 – 98% voted YES
- 86% of eligible voters, voted.
Remember, our first raise will be effective beginning our next pay period, starting April 9 and is payable by the University, along with the lump sum, within 60-days.
Thank you to all of our UCSD skilled Trades workers whose commitment and solidarity made this historic agreement possible.
-K6 Bargaining Team