CX-Unit Contract Ratified with Over 97% of Vote
The votes are in and our CX members have spoken! Minutes ago, the new contract for the CX bargaining unit was ratified with 97.43% of members voting “yes” on the agreement. With nearly 5,000 members casting their vote, this contract ratification is the most widely participated event in the history of Teamsters Local 2010. Not only did members vote in record numbers, but 552 workers signed up to become full-Teamster members.
“This victory comes through the incredible work, dedication, and solidarity of activists and leaders from every part of California,” said Jason Rabinowitz, Teamsters Local 2010 Secretary-Treasurer. “By building Union power in the workplace, we showed the UC our strength and won a contract that will benefit our members and their families.”
Here are some of the gains we won in the contract:
- Total of 19.4% in guaranteed raises over the life of the 5-year contract;
- by July 2017, a 6.1% raise and a $1200 lump sum for eligible non-probationary career employees;
- All raises are guaranteed, not subject to “merit” or favoritism and no being “topped out”;
- New limits and protections against increases in retirement and medical contributions, and parking fees;
- Improvements in workplace rights, including the right to progressive discipline before termination for misconduct.
More information on when you will see your paycheck reflect our wage increases and the lump sum will be available soon.
This is not the end of our fight. We will continue to build our Teamster power at the University of California by strengthening our steward network, training leaders around the state, enforcing our rights and working conditions, and growing our membership.
We invite you to come to our General Membership Meeting at our offices this Saturday at 10:00am to answer your questions about our new contract.
General Membership Meeting
Saturday, May 20 at 10:00am
Northern California Location: 400 Roland Way, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94621
Southern California Location: 9900 Flower St., Bellflower, CA 90706