Admin Officer 2 Teamsters Ratify New Wages, Pay Scale!
Admin Officer 2 Teamsters at the University of California have won a powerful first wage agreement, including guaranteed across-the-board wage increases, new pay ranges and pay steps for each work location, an additional step increase, and a significant ratification bonus! 99.5% of Teamsters who voted said YES to ratify the agreement, guaranteeing better wages and treatment from the University!
With the new agreement ratified, AO2s will now join over 13,700 UC Teamsters as we bargain for a CX Unit agreement to succeed the agreement expiring on March 31, 2022.
Benefits of the new agreement include:
- 3% across-the-board pay increase received July 1, 2021
- New Union-negotiated pay ranges including pay steps for each location, effective January 1, 2022.
- Workers will be placed at the step closest to, but not less than, their current pay.
- All AO2s will receive an additional 1-step increase (approximately 2.25%), effective January 1, 2022.
- $800 lump sum payment within sixty (60) days of ratification
We could not have won this agreement without every Teamsters member who signed a petition, wrote a letter, wore a sticker, put up a tent table, handed out leaflets and showed up for fair pay and dignity in the workplace. Especially during a global pandemic, AO2s and allies stepped up like never before!
Our March Weeks of Action start soon, and we’re going to show the UC and CSU we’ll do whatever it takes to get fair contracts. Sign up for an event at your campus now using the link below!