Teamsters win bigger raises for CX Members in July!

‘Me Too’ Contract Language Triggers Increased Raises Subject to Budget Approval by the Governor

Teamsters Local 2010 CX members have won an increased raise in July—4.6% across the board plus a step increase worth an average of 2% for eligible workers for a total increase of 6.6% on average—through the strong contract language we negotiated last year.

Last year, our Teamsters bargaining team negotiated the strongest ever contract for the CX Bargaining Unit with the University of California (UC) which was overwhelmingly ratified by the members in October 2022.  

Under the “me too” language we negotiated, the guaranteed across-the-board (ATB) raise for July 1, 2023, was scheduled to be 3%, or the annual percentage amount provided to unrepresented employees, whichever is greater. The UC has announced that the annual percentage amount scheduled for unrepresented employees this year will be 4.6% (contingent on the allocation currently requested by the UC in the state budget and subject to the approval of Governor Newsom).

This means that CX employees (except LBNL) will get a 4.6% ATB raise instead of 3%, in addition to the 1-step increase for non-probationary employees scheduled for July 1, 2023, for an overall increase of 6.6% on average. Plus, our across-the-board increases are not based on merit or performance ratings, unlike non-Union workers, whose raises aren’t guaranteed but are instead based on “merit”, and who do not receive guaranteed step increases. Wage increases will become effective June 25, 2023, for biweekly employees and July 1, 2023, for monthly employees.

These continued wins are the result of our members standing together to win our strongest contract ever, through worksite and online actions like sending letters to UC leadership, speaking at Regents meetings, and rallying at campuses, medical centers and other UC locations statewide. When we fight, we win!