LABOR – MANAGEMENT MEETINGS
A. LOCAL LABOR – MANAGEMENT MEETINGS
The University and Teamsters Local 2010 agree to meet, following Teamsters Local 2010’s written request, up to four (4) times per year unless the parties mutually agree otherwise. Each party shall designate a chair, who shall have responsibility to make arrangements for scheduling the labor – management meeting and for drawing up the agenda. Non – employee Teamsters Local 2010 representative(s) may attend the meetings.
1. Up to two (2) bargaining unit employees shall be released in a without – loss – of – straight – ti me pay status to attend each scheduled meeting, provided Teamsters Local 2010 has given the University at least seven (7) calendar days’ notice of her/his selection. The parties may agree to allow additional unit employees to attend the meetings and may, b y mutual agreement, agree to place those attendees in a without – loss – of – straight – time status while in attendance at the meeting(s).
2. Items to be included and discussed at the meetings are to be submitted at least seven (7) calendar days prior to the scheduled date of the meeting. Items not so submitted need not be responded to at the meeting. Appropriate agenda items for such meetings include:
a. Administration of the Agreement;
b. Dissemination of general information of interest to the parties;
c. Health and safety matters regarding bargaining unit employees;
d. General nondiscrimination – related issues, not pertaining to the facts of an individual employee’s complaint(s);
e. Information regarding personnel transactions and vacancies;
f. Giving representatives an opportunity to express their views, or to make suggestions on subjects of interest to employees of the bargaining unit;
g. Subcontracting issues; and
h. Additional items mutually agreed to by the parties for placement on the agenda.
B. UNIVERSITY – WIDE LABOR – MANAGEMENT MEETINGS
1. The University (Office of the President Office of Employee & Labor Relations) and Teamsters Local 2010 agree to meet, following Teamsters Local 2010’s written request, once per year to discuss items such as the administration of this Agreement. Additionally, the University and Teamsters Local 2010 agree to meet once per year, following Teamsters Local 2010’s written request, to discuss the fringe benefit plans, coverages, benefit schedules, carriers, providers, premium rates, eligibility criteria and the amounts, if any, of University and/or employee contributions. The agenda of the meeting(s) shall be determined by mutual agreement of the parties at least seven (7) calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting date.
2. Teamsters Local 2010 may request release time for up to a total of ten (10) bargaining unit employees (but no more than one from each campus/Laboratory). Such representatives will be released from work in a without – loss – of – straight – time status to attend the scheduled meeting(s), provided Teamsters Local 2010 has given the University at least seven (7) calendar days written notice of her/his designation. In the event that the designated Teamsters Local 2010 representative cannot attend such a meeting due to exigent circumstances, an alternate representative shall not unreasonably be denied from attending such a meeting . The parties may mutually agree to allow additional unit employees to attend the meetings and may, by mutual agreement, agree to place those attendee s in a without – loss – of – straight – time status while in attendance at the meeting(s).
C. RELEASE TIME
1. Release time provided shall be in accordance with the provisions of Section A.1., Section B.2., and Section C.2., of this Article.
2. Without – loss – of – pay – status release time will be provided for the duration of the meeting, and for reasonable travel time to and from the meeting. Up to a total of eight (8) hours in one day release time may be provided for attendance at a university – wide labor/management meeting . Any travel and subsistence incurred by the employee(s) attending the meeting(s) shall be the responsibility of the employee or Teamsters Local 2010.