A. Break in Service
A break in service is any separation from employment status. In addition, a break in service occurs, effective the last day on pay status, whether or not a separation form is submitted, when an employee is off pay status for four (4) complete, consecutive calendar months without an approved leave without pay, furlough, or temporary layoff. A return to pay status from an approved leave without pay, furlough or temporary layoff, during a period of right to recall and preference for reemployment, or on the next working day following a separation, is not a break in service.
B. Address of Record
It shall be the responsibility of each employee to inform the University in writing or through the At Your Service website of his/her current home address and of any change in such address, and the information so provided shall constitute “the employee’s last known home address.”
1. As used in Article 18, Layoff and Reduction in T i m e, seniority is defined as an employee’s most recent hire date in a staff career position.
2. As used in Article 9, Overtime and Article 14, Vacation, seniority is defined as time in the classification in a shop or work location.
3. As used in Article 11, Promotions/Transfers, seniority is defined as bargaining unit seniority for Inter – Departmental Transfers and departmental bargaining unit seniority for Intra – Departmental Transfers and Promotions.
D. Rates of Pay
1. Base rate of pay is the amount as listed in Article 43 – Wages.
2. Regular hourly rate of pay is the employee’s base rate of pay plus any shift differential and any Specialty Assignment pay.
The term “classification” shall refer to the job title and title code listed in Article 1, Recognition .
Unless otherwise indicated herein, the term “day” shall refer to a calendar day.