A. General Provisions
The University and Union have established a joint apprenticeship program between the parties, the terms and conditions of which are set forth in Article 42 Addendum. The following crafts are covered by this program:
Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanic
B. Working Conditions
All provisions of the UCSD/Teamsters Local 2010 Agreement shall apply to apprentices except for the following:
1. Apprentices shall have access to Article 21, Grievance Procedure, but shall not have access to Article 22, Arbitration Procedure of this Agreement. Grievances that remain unresolved at Step 2 of the grievance procedure may be appealed to the appropriate Human Resources Officer, who shall forward the grievance to the Joint Apprentice Training Committee (JATC) for a decision. If a majority of the JATC cannot reach a decision, the grievance shall be submitted to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Human Resources for campus-funded employees or to the Chief Human Resources Officer for health system-funded employees, who shall render a decision.
2. Article 10, Performance Evaluation, shall have no application to apprentices.
3. Article 11, Promotions/Transfers, shall have no application to apprentices.
4. The parties agree that the words “work schedule(s)” wherever they appear in Article 8, Hours of Work, shall not include scheduled courses of related and supplemental instruction, except for any course of instruction which is given on a job site during work time.
5. The parties agree that “overtime” as defined in Article 9, Overtime, shall not include time spent by apprentices in connection with any course of related or supplemental instruction except for any course instruction given on a job site during work time.
6. Employees shall sign an apprenticeship agreement as a condition of employment.