ARTICLE 20. Subcontracting
A. Management reserves the right to subcontract unit work, including the right to continue subcontracting that work which has been subcontracted in the past. The University shall make reasonable efforts to take the following factors into account prior to subcontracting work normally performed by bargaining unit members:
1. The availability of bargaining unit employees to perform the work to be contracted out;
2. Whether the available bargaining unit employees have necessary skills, certifications or licensure needed to perform the work;
3. Whether or not the work could be completed within the time constraints applicable to the project;
4. The availability of required materials and/or equipment necessary to complete the project; and/or
5. The cost involved in performing the work in-house versus contracting out that work.
B. Subcontracting will be a standing agenda item at Labor-Management meetings scheduled in accordance with Article 34, Labor-Management Relations. Requests for information regarding contracts should be directed to the Manager, Employee & Labor Relations or designee.
C. The University agrees to notify the Union at least thirty (30) calendar days in advance of its intent to subcontract any unit work which would result in the layoff of unit employees, and shall meet and confer upon request regarding the subcontracting of such unit work. If agreement is not reached, the University may implement its decision.