SAFETY SHOE PROCESS/NOTIFICATION
In accordance with Article #30 of the SETC-Merced Skilled Crafts Agreement, UC MERCED will annually furnish up to $175 towards the purchase of safety shoes to all employees in the bargaining unit. To meet IRS regulations pertaining to allowable reimbursement of uniform expenses, the following criteria must be met:
- Safety shoes must satisfy safety requirements according to CAL OSHA standards.
- Safety shoes must comply with American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard ASTM F2412- 11, and ASTM F2413-11 (most recent versions)
- The footwear must provide metatarsal protection, either steel or composite toe construction.
- Safety shoes must be used solely for work.
- Employees will be reimbursed up to $175 per year with the documentation required as follows:
- Employee must substantiate the purchase with an original receipt.
- Claims for reimbursement must be made within a reasonable amount of time from purchase date. A reasonable amount of time will be defined as no later than 21 days from original purchase date.