ARTICLE 31 – MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
If an employee fails to notify the University of his/her absence, such an absence will be deemed to be unauthorized.
Employees shall contact their immediate supervisor regarding absences. Notices will be posted in each shop regarding reporting procedures.
Unexcused failure to report to work for five (5) consecutive work days may be treated as an employee’s abandonment of, and resignation from, her/his University position as per Article 23.
B. Lie Detector (Polygraph) Tests
No employee shall be required as a condition of continuing employment to take a lie detector test.
C. Licenses and Certificates of Competence
- The University, as a condition of employment, shall continue to require such licenses and certificates of competence for given position(s) as per current practice. Proof of valid licensure and/or certification must be given to the University for retention in the employee’s personnel file. Any employee who fails to maintain required licensure and certification may be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
- If, during the term of this Agreement, a new governmental requirement for licensure and/or certification is established that changes the terms and conditions of employment for bargaining unit employees, the parties shall meet and confer concerning the effects of the new requirement.
- Bargaining unit employees are required to maintain a valid California Driver’s License. The University shall provide a reasonable number of trucks, carts and/or vehicles to bargaining unit employees when necessary to perform their assigned duties. The University may supplement vehicles with hand carts, and/or golf carts as deemed by University. Subject to make purchase/lease of vehicles upon budget allowance.
- If a bargaining unit employee receives notice of the suspension or revocation of their California Driver’s License, said employee shall immediately report the same to his/her immediate supervisor. An employee’s failure to report either the notice of or actual revocation or suspension of said license, may lead to discipline, up to and including termination. Where necessary, the University shall reassign said employee’s job duties; however, said reassignment shall not exceed thirty (30) days unless the University and the Union agree to a greater period of extension, which said agreement shall be reduced to writing.
- If maintaining a valid California driver’s license is an essential function of the position, the employee will still be expected to perform all functions of the position without the use of a University vehicle.
D. Mileage Reimbursement
Whenever an employee is authorized by the University to use a private vehicle to conduct University business, the employee shall be reimbursed for mileage at the prevailing University rate.