Our Teamsters Bargaining Team has reached an agreement with UC Davis on the salary step range for the Physical Plant Mechanics (8174)! This brings Physical Plant Mechanics (PPMs) into parity with other K3 bargaining unit titles that already have a salary step range.
All K3 bargaining unit members will be placed on the negotiated range on the step closest to, but not less than, their current rate of pay, retroactive to July 1, 2022. Any employee who is at Step 13 in Fiscal Year 2022-2023 will receive a lump sum payment of $1,580.80 in Fiscal Year 2023-2024 in lieu of a step increase.
Next, members need to ratify the Tentative Agreement by a vote of the membership. Voting will be held August 30 and 31 at Scrub Oak Auditorium in Tercero. More information on voting is below.
The Tentative Agreement includes:
- $3,000 lump sum payment upon ratification.
- 25.2% compounded wage increase by July 2027 for most employees and an additional 2%-8% raise for those on Steps 1-4 who will move to Step 5 retroactive to July 1, 2022.
Wage Increases for K3 PPMs:
- Effective July 1, 2022: 6% across the board (ATB) raise + step increase(s) to employees on Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, and Step 4, thereby moving those employees to Step 5 and eliminating Steps 1-4. Salary step schedule reduced from 15 steps to 11 steps.
- Effective July 1, 2023: 3% ATB raise plus one step increase (2%) and Step 1 will be eliminated. Salary step schedule reduced from 11 steps to 10 steps.
- July 1, 2024: 4% ATB raise
- July 1, 2025: 4% ATB raise
- July 1, 2026: 4% ATB raise
On August 30 and August 31, all Physical Plant mechanics will have a chance to vote on the Tentative Agreement our Bargaining Team reached with UC Davis and ask any questions. All PPM members will be allowed a one-hour extended lunch period to attend the ratification meeting and vote. If you will not be at work or will be working in a remote area during the voting period and would like to vote, please contact Union Representative Jose Fuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-603-1708 before September 1.
PPM Tentative Agreement Voting Meetings
Scrub Oak Auditorium in Tercero
August 30, Noon to 1:00 PM
August 31, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Remember, only full Teamsters members can vote! If you are not yet a member, begin the application process by clicking the link below. Applications will also be available during the membership and ratification lunch, where you can sign up for full membership before you vote.