A. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Employees are eligible to receive travel reimbursement in accordance with applicable University or Laboratory policies and/or procedures.
1. The policies, procedures, definitions, qualifications, calculations, covered hours and rates relative to travel reimbursement(s) shall be applied, changed, or implemented for employees in the Clerical & Allied Services unit in the same manner as for other staff employees in the University except as provided in Section C below.
2. The University may determine, on a department – by – department basis and consistent with the Business and Finance Bulletin, the requirements for reporting travel expenses.
3. Reimbursement rates reflect the maximum daily reimbursement provided for specific subsistence expenses, including meals. Only actual reasonable expenses may be reimbursed, including but not limited to mileage, transportation, toll fees, and parking fees.
4. When subsistence expense(s) are paid directly by the University, the employee’s per diem reimbursement eligibility will be reduced accordingly.
5. University – approved out – of – state lodging expenses will be reimbursed based on the expenses actually incurred as supported by receipts, provided the University gave prior approval for or requires actual – expense reimbursements.
C. LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL LABORATORY
Policies, procedures, definitions, qualifications, calculations, covered hours and rates relative to per diem rates at the Laboratory shall be applied, changed, or implemented for employees in the Clerical & Allied Services unit in the same manner as for other staff employees at the Laboratory.