A. GENERAL PROVISIONS (except LBNL)
1. Effective date of wage increases – Wage increases shall be effective on the first day of the first full payroll period nearest the first day of the month in which the increase occurs. In the event the first day of the first full payroll periods are equidistant from the first day of a month, the earlier payroll period shall be used.
2. The parties recognize that the actual salary rates paid to employees may slightly vary from those reflected in The Corporate Title Code System Lookup (TCS) due to rounding. The applicable wage rates are reflected on the TCS at: https://tcs.ucop.edu/tcs/jsp /homePage.htm. In the event this web page expires and is replaced by a new title code system and corresponding web page, the University will provide 30 calendar days’ notice to union advising where such title code and wage information can be found online. The University will provide a copy of the “payscale” file for wage increases.
3. Unless otherwise specified, pay increases (regardless of type) shall be base – building only up to the maximum of the applicable pay range. The campus or Medical Center’s normal pay practices shall be followed in implementing pay increases.
4. Range Adjustment
a. When applying a range adjustment, the adjustment shall apply equally to all steps within the range. The resultant adjustment shall apply to all employees on the step.
b. Employees whose pay exceeded the pay range maximum before the rate increase was applied to the range are eligible for an increase only up to the new pay range maximum.
c. Employees whose pay equals or exceeds the pay range maximum after the range adjustment is applied are not eligible for a base – building wage increase.
d. No employee shall be paid less than the pay range minimum.
5. Order Of Increases – If more than one wage adjustment takes place on the same date, actions occur in the following order:
a. Across the board pay range adjustment
b. Individual step increase
c. Individual equity increase
d. Increase resulting from promotion or reclassification
e. Increase to the minimum of the pay range
6. Other Increases – The University may increase, during the term of this Agreem ent, individual wage rates (including step increases), or pay ranges for selected classes at selected locations. The University may also increase, for selected classes at selected locations, during the term of this Agreement, shift differentials, on – call rates, and/or extend the coverage of such rates. At least thirty (30) days prior to implementing the increase referenced in this section, the University shall inform Teamsters Local 2010 in writing of any such increases.
7. Award Program (except LBNL) – The University retains the right to continue, create, modify or abolish campus/hospital and system – wide award programs. Award Programs, if any, may be implemented according to local procedures. All award programs shall be available, if any, to employees in the unit, if available to other represented employees at that location.
B. NEGOTIATED INCREASES (except LBNL)
1. Following the University’s receipt of written notification from Teamsters Local 2010 of its ratification of the Agreement with the University of California, the University will implement compensation increases, within 60 days, in accordance with the provisions of this Article 45. The below increases will apply to all University locations, except for LBNL.
2. Ratification – The University will provide a 3% pay range increase, effective the first full pay period following receipt of Teamsters Local 2010 written notification of ratification.
3. Lump Sum – Except at LBNL, effective within 60 days following ratification, all non – probationary career employees will receive a one – time, non – base building wage payment of $1200. This wage payment shall be retirement eligible. All appropriate taxes and UCRP contributions shall be deducted from the wage payment. Employees eligible for this payment shall be those employees who are on the payroll as of the date the University received notice of ratification and who remain on the payroll when the payment is issued. Lump sum shall be pro – rated based on employees’ appointment percentage.
4. Across the Board Increases:
a. Effective July 1, 2017, the University will provide a 3% pay range increase.
b. Effective July 1, 2018, the University will provide a 3% pay range increase.
c. Effective July 1, 2019, the University will provide a 3% pay range increase.
d. Effective July 1, 2020, the University will provide a 3% pay range increase.
e. Effective July 1, 2021, the University will provide a 3% pay range increase.
C. NEGOTIATED INCREASES AT LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL LABORATORY
1. Effective the first full pay period following October 1, 2016 , LBNL will provide a 3% across the board increase to all CX employees at LBNL.
2. Effective the first full pay period following October 1, 2017, LBNL will provide a 3% across the board increase to all CX employees at LBNL.
3. Effective the first full pay period following October 1, 2018, LBNL will provide a 3% across the board increase to all CX employees at LBNL.
Future annual increases will be negotiated separately following the 2 year anniversary of this agreement.