ARTICLE 37: NO STRIKE
- During the term of this Agreement or any extension thereof, the University agrees that there will be no lockouts by the University.
- Additionally, during the term of this Agreement or any extension thereof, the Union, on behalf of its officers, agents, and unit members, agrees that there shall be no strikes, stoppages or interruptions of work, sympathy strikes or other organized concerted activities by members of this unit, which would interfere with the operations of the University.
- During the term of this Agreement or any extension thereof, the Union, its officers, agents, and unit members agree that they shall not in any way participate in or lend support to any strikes, including sympathy strikes, or other concerted activities which would interfere with the operations of the University, including as referenced in Section B, above.
- In addition, the Union agrees that unit members will maintain critical services in the event of any activity by any individual(s) or labor organizations(s) which interfere with the operations of the University. Such critical services include, but are not limited to, maintenance and operation of: (1) patient care facilities, (2) research facilities, (3) computer operations where they exist, and (4) facilities in which valuable collections are maintained.
- Any employee who violates this Article may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Should any activities in violation of this Article occur, the Union shall immediately take whatever affirmative action is necessary to prevent and/or bring about the termination of any action or interference. Such affirmative action shall include the immediate written notice to all employees in the unit, at their home addresses stating that they must cease their violation of this Agreement and that they may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
- Nothing herein constitutes a waiver of the University’s right to seek appropriate legal relief in the event of a violation of this Article.