ENUMERATION OF UNIVERSITY BENEFITS
A. HEALTH BENEFITS
Medical Program – A variety of Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and fee-for- service plans are available to cover eligible employees and their eligible family members. Choice of plans may vary from location to location. Eligible part-time employees appointed and paid by the University to work a specified minimum appointment and average regular paid time may be covered by the CORE major medical plan. The plan is available to the employee and eligible family members.
Dental Program – Dental plans are available to eligible employees. Employees may cover themselves and their family members.
Vision Program – A vision plan is available to eligible employees. Employees may coverthemselves and their eligible familymembers.
B. UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA RETIREMENT SYSTEM University of California Retirement Plan
Eligible employees covered by this Agreement shall be covered by the University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP). The level of required contributions to UCRP is determined annually by the Plan actuary and theRegents.
UC Retirement Savings Program
- Tax-Deferred 403(b) Plan – Voluntary participation in the UCRS Tax-Deferred 403(b) Plan is available to all University employees except students who normally work less than twenty (20) hours per week. The Plan provides a mix of internally and externallymanaged investment options.
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Voluntary participation in the UCRS 457(b) Plan is available, effective October 1, 2004, to all University employees except students who normally work less than twenty (20) hours per week. The Plan provides a mix of internally and externallymanaged investment options.
- Pre-Tax/Safe Harbor Account – Employees who are not in a UC sponsored defined benefit retirement plan make mandatory contributions of 7.5% of earnings up to the Social Security wage base to the Pretax Account in lieu of paying the Old Age, Survivors and Disability Insurance portion of Social Security taxes (Safe Harbor contributions). Although payroll reductions default to the Savings Fund, participants are offered a mix ofinternally and externallymanaged investment options.
- After Tax Account – Voluntary participation in the After-Tax Account is available to all University employees except students who normally work less than twenty (20) hours per week. Payroll deductions may be invested in a mix of internally and externally managed investment options.
- University-Paid – Two University-Paid life insurance plans—Basic Life and Core Life—provide basic life insurance coverage. The amount varies, depending on your appointment rate and average regular paid time. Eligible employees are automatically covered by the plan for which they qualify.
- Supplemental – Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance is available and may be purchased by eligible employees.
D. OTHER INSURANCE
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – eligible employees may purchase Optional AD&D insurance. A variety of coverage and amounts are available to cover employees and their eligible familymembers.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance – Employees who are traveling on official University business are covered by $100,000 of accidental death and a scheduled dismemberment insurance.
- Disability Insurance